I just returned from a two hour game of Capture the Flag in the Englischer Garten. My favorite park was the setting for a dangerous rendevous of only the bravest JYMers (that's the term we use to describe the 35 or so of us in this study abroad program).
It was definitely less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit (about 4 Grad), foggy, dark, and absolutely impossible to see anything. In spite of all (more likely, because of all that), we sure did have fun, even though my team did not win. It was awesome to actually find out that there are some people here that are more competitive than myself (I know, that is hard to believe). We actually thought that we won 3 times before we actually lost (there was an issue with decoy flags...), so I don't feel like I really lost.
I'm covered in dirt from my pseudo-military crawl through the park and definitely hyped for our trip tomorrow to Neuschwanstein. For me, there's nothing better than sports and traveling (then there's chocolate and ice cream...)
Capture the Flag also supports my theory that regressing back to my childhood serves as the greatest stress reliever. How can you be stressed out while playing a children's game?
Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment